Warzone 2 celebrates the release of November 16, 2022. All the changes in the new map, the gulag and cool mechanics in the overview.
Santa Monica, California – Warzone 2 comes just a few weeks after Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on November 16th. The Battle Royale, developed from scratch, brings a fresh map: Al Mazrah, a revised Gulag, AI opponents and tons of other changes that we show here compared to the original Warzone. Here you will find all the information you need to know about the release of the hottest Free2Play shooter this year.
|the name of the game||Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0|
|release||November 16, 2022|
|Arrange||Call of Duty|
|developer||Online game Infinity Ward|
|platform||PS5, Xbox Series X, PC|
|genre||First person multiplayer online shooter, battle royale|
|business model||Free to play|
Warzone 2: Release date shortly after Modern Warfare 2 – When is “Call of Duty” Battle Royale coming?
When is Warzone 2.0 coming? Warzone 2.0 will be released on November 16, 2022. Like its predecessor, the Battle Royale is offered for free, i.e. Free2Play. The release is about two weeks after Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. By the way, the beta for the new CoD MW starts today.
- Release Warzone 2.0: November 16, 2022
- Warzone 2 will be completely free to play, i.e. Free2Play
In this article, we list all the changes and innovations of Warzone 2.0 as a practical overview and compare them with the old Warzone. We will be updating information throughout the day so you are always up to date.
Here you can watch the new trailer from the big reveal on September 15th. on Warzone 2.0 and multiplayer in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2:
New map from Warzone 2.0: this is “AL Mazrah”, successor of Verdansk
New Al Mazrah map from Warzone 2: Warzone 2.0 got a new map right after the release: Al Mazrah. The map is in a desert region.
Al Mazrah is divided into 18 areas. There you will find a city, oil facilities, port and an airport (reminiscent of the Terminal Map). There are also rural areas with ruins, swamps and an abandoned village. You can see all 18 areas and locations on the new map on the official Call of Duty site.
Part of the new Warzone Al Mazrah map is used as a separate multiplayer map for Modern Warfare 2. In the campaign of the main game, the region also plays an important role. So you can explore diligently and get to know the area if you pre-order CoD Modern Warfare 2 and play the story before everyone else.
What is also new is that the circles are divided up. Then you fight in up to 3 areas. Only at the end of a round do the three circles unite and announce the final. An interesting mechanic that introduces a new approach to Warzone players.
Differences between Warzone 2.0 and Warzone – This has changed in the new Battle Royale
This is completely new in Warzone 2: Here we list all the important innovations of Warzone 2.0 in compact form. In the following we explain the changes in detail. In the end we then compare the differences with the old Warzone.
- New map: Al Mazrah takes place in a desert region
- No special shipment in Warzone 2? In the reveal from 15.09. it sounds like there would be no more drops with your gear in Warzone 2. You buy weapons and attachments in the new Call of Duty Gunsmith 2.0 in the shops. Besides, there probably shouldn’t be any perks/extras, at least in Season 1.
- Sandstorm instead of dividing gas into several areas
- All players start from scratch – your progress with skins from Warzone 1 will not carry over (but you can unlock rewards in the CoD MW2 beta)
- Gulag: Here you fight 2vs2 to get back to Warzone
- Stronghold: base occupied by AI opponents and strong loot
- Warzone 2.0 is back for Steam on PC (and for Battle.net)
- New mechanics and movement systems from Modern Warfare 2 also work in Warzone 2.0
- Vehicles play a more important role in Warzone 2 (Cars, Trucks, Helicopters, Ships)
Sandstorm as new zone/circle: This confirms the leak that talked about the fact that in Warzone 2 gas no longer limits the area. Match the new desert map, sandstorms will chase you in the Battle Royale.
This is the Gulag 2.0: If you die in regular combat, you end up in the Gulag, this doesn’t change. In Warzone 2.0 the gulag, you fight to match the name, but now for two back.
Meaning: You find a random fellow prisoner who fights with you against another team of two. Then the winners both return to Warzone – and are immediately the enemy again. Additionally, an AI supervisor is said to be wreaking havoc in the Gulag. He indicated that there should also be more loot, ie equipment, in the Gulag.
Strngeholds, AI and NPCs in Warzone 2 explained
These are the new forts: The Stronghold, in the German fortress, is the facility guarded by AI. The fighters controlled by the PCs guard the fort’s loot.
So you are faced with the challenge of whether to ignore the AI opponents and keep sneaking around, or take a fortress but take damage from the enemies there. Another team of real players might stab you in the back while you’re out of the fort. But the risk should be worth it, in Strongholds you can find information about the nine Blacksites, which have even better equipment (new safes / vaults, so to speak).
What you need to know about NPC opponents: Warzone is left by enemies in some places. You will continue to mostly compete against real people, don’t worry. But the NPCs (English for non-player characters) are a welcome change. AI enemies are confirmed in both Strongholds and the Gulag.
Modern Warfare 2 brings you new mechanics: water and movement options
These are the new mechanics from MW2: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0 multiplayer were developed together. The new Battle Royale therefore uses the same mechanics as its multiplayer brothers.
- Warzone 2 brings a proximity chat: You can hear the conversations of nearby enemies. So your team talks aren’t always as secret as you’d like them to be.
- You can now swim and even dive and surface in Warzone 2.0.
- In the water you can shoot your gun (at least the pistols were already shown).
- In the water, however, you move more slowly and visibility decreases quickly.
- Pulling up on edges and hanging are added as new movement mechanics.
- You could even shoot small arms while hanging from walls or ledges, surprising enemies.
- Stronger focus on vehicles: There should be more and different means of transportation for land, air and water in Warzone.
- Tanks and planes were also shown in the trailer, but we think these are kill streaks and not regular vehicles.
The third-person view is also added to Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. You see your soldier completely from behind, that means not from the EGO perspective. Now it is not clear whether and how this new perspective will happen in Warzone 2. The third-person view allows a larger view of your environment, which would be a nasty advantage in Warzone, so we are rather skeptical on the application and do not believe in it.
Technical innovation in WZ2: FoV slider. You can finally customize your field on console. So far, the desired feature has only been confirmed for PS5. An environment that has been wanted for years finally comes to Warzone 2, with which you can finally decide for yourself how much of the world you can see.
An improved anti-cheat system is also available for the release of Warzone 2. RICOCHET in Call of Duty should now react even faster to nasty cheats and hacks.
Warzone 2 shares the idea with Warzone 1 – that hasn’t changed
What remains the same as in Warzone? What hasn’t changed is that your progress is shared across all Call of Duty accounts. So you can level up weapons in Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer or advance the Battle Pass. The basic principle of the game is the same. More than 100 players are thrown onto a massive map and fight for victory in Battle Royale mode. Warzone 2.0 remains free, just like Warzone, i.e. Free2Play. Later there will be different events and seasons again.
We are expanding our article and will soon add more information about Warzone 2.0 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as well as DMZ. So you’re always up to date and you can have a say in the most important shooter in 2022. At the end of Modern Warfare 2, even attacks like Destiny are new. The activities with puzzles and difficult battles for 4 players should even last several hours.